Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm back, Barcelona!

Champagne on the house @ Shoko
My ears are ringing. I'm sitting on my bed on Provencia, downtown Barcelona, and i can't hear anything except static ringing. It's just like last night. Oh, but it's literally 7:42 am. Normal. A night at Razzmatazz con dos chicos de Barcelona that taught me more about Spanish political norms/trends and words/slang than I've ever learned from my family... Maybe the fact that they're my age plays into my interest in learning..... but regardless, it was really great. I've been in barcelona less than 48 hours and it has been absolutely amazing. Naturally.

I spent yesterday with family, and played with two of my cousins. I spent today with family and played with two of my other cousins. I went out both nights, and came back after 4:30am. And I'm thrilled about every moment... Even those moments that I hide my face in the metro because its hysterical watching the Spaniards watch the abroad students--the American abroad students. Yes, I'm technically one of them.. but its my first time ever speaking English to someone that isn't Spanish in Spain... so then again, this is completely new to me and an unknown nightlife scene I have always been unaware of. After about 14 visits to this country I can say I have finally partied here, about time no?

No comments:

Post a Comment