Thursday, April 28, 2011

Geneva


I find it hard to imagine that my mom once lived in Geneva. It is a very small city. And while it holds almost every international agency and has to have ritzy hotels and restaurants, there are few bars and even fewer clubs. That translates to: limited nightlife scene. I can't imagine myself ever living there... well atleast not until my hair has gone white.

Geneva is calm and quiet.... Since its in Switzerland it is known for dairy... fondue and raclette. But French-speaking Geneva isn't at all like the other cities in Switzerland. So what's there to do there? Visit the UN, go to the many parks full of beautiful flowers, walk under the Je D'eau (which by the way can be seen from your airplane seat apparently), look at all the expensive cars, walk along the lake, feed the ducks and swans, eat cheese, eat chocolate, wander through old town, and go to the beautiful rolling green hills.

Yep, that's Geneva.

Lake Leman & Jet D'Eau


Elisabet and David took me to the beautiful French countryside

Thanks Anna, my fabulous host!
My first cheese fondue and raclette!

No comments:

Post a Comment