Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hong Kong in Pictures


My Chinese host-mother on one of our day trips to HK. She played Mariah Carey on repeat in the car and would sing really loudly to it. She also handed me a magazine over our japanese lunch feast so help subdue the silence of not being able to converse the entire day. This was the day I also bought myself a camera because my other was left in a taxi the first week in Shenzhen. (naturally)
 Since HK is a special administrative region (SAR) it has its own currency...
This $10 HK bill was like plastic paper!
Interesting 'hostels' in HK.. I was legitimately creeped out as we walked through Chung King Mansion and we were the only females and the hostels were very un-hostel-like.
Walking to "Chung King Mansion"

Lan Kwai Fong, the expat bar scene.. super crowded fridays/saturdays...
lots of business people in their suits too

Legendary Peninsula Hotel, HK (I'll afford it one day...)
Hong Kong somewhat reminds me of New York City on steroids

"The Peak" Hong Kong view

Kowloon Bay Light Show. It was really cool,
nothing like it in the US, but cracked up to be a little cooler than it is..

No comments:

Post a Comment