Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bing.com

My friends think it's hilarious when I say "Just Bing It". I mean, I guess it is funny. I'm usually kidding because I know how they will react--but I'm also being serious. So here I go with my absolutely shameless plug for Bing.com.....



Bing is an awesome search engine.

Yeah, I know. You're rolling your eyes and thinking "Microsoft--just stop trying to be cool." Well guess what---Microsoft IS cool. Sure, I never used Bing prior to my Microsoft days, but I do really love it. Not only does the engine always provide what I'm looking for, but I feel like there are less advertisements and my search isn't complicated by false links and distracting promotions. BUT, the home page is what really excites me. When my browser starts up with Bing.com as the homepage, a gorgeous photograph illuminates the screen.

It might be a photo of a cornfield in Honduras, the globe from space, or maybe the staircase that spirals down within the Vatican. Once it was an up close puffer fish, or overzealous fans at the World Cup. The videos and photographs are beautiful. And scattered links will transport you to Bing search results of related topics--explaining the holiday, the location, the cultural tradition, or the science. Sometimes it's a video of a waterfall, running river, or windy marshland. But what it always is, is a moment of inspiration. It's always a moment in which I pause, and get to learn something new. (And I haven't even searched anything yet!!)

Bing.com fuels my travel inspiration. It makes the world bigger and more beautiful--while simultaneously putting it in the palm of my hand.

Like I said,
"Just Bing it"



No comments:

Post a Comment